Dark skin can be found in any one of the following parts of the body: underarms, knees, elbows, groin or inner thighs. These areas can cause undue stress to people who are particularly self-conscious and thus people are always anxious when it comes to the safest way to remove discolored skin parts from their bodies. Apart from issues related to dark skin, there are age spots, uneven skin tones and freckles which also need to be addressed.
There are a lot of cosmetic products out in the market that can be used to correct the aforementioned skin issues. In fact, many manufacturers will advertise their product as being the most effective.
Some will even claim that their product will achieve desired results in the shortest time possible. With all the products that are available in the market, consumers are still unsure about which product will address their skin issues.
Dermaline skin whitening cream is one of the many products in the market that can be used to solve dark skin issues. It was created by Diana Stalder to help people lighten dark skin on various body parts.
It is specially formulated for people who live in tropical areas that are hot and experience high humidity throughout the entire year. Some of the basic ingredients in Dermaline skin whitening cream are:
- Kojic acid: A powerful white pigmentation ingredient derived from fungi that combats age spots and freckles and increases the shelf life of Dermaline
- Lactic acid: Combats uneven skin tone and wrinkles
- Licorice: A reputable effective anti-inflammatory agent and it also inhibits skin pigmentation. It has been known to remedy eczema and psoriases while balancing skin cells hence producing even skin tone
- Retinol: An excellent ingredient for accelerating exfoliation and cell turnover which provides a soft and smooth skin. It makes you look younger by reducing the size of your skin pores. It also promotes the production of collagen (primary skin support structure) and prevents it breakdown. Evidence suggests that it fosters the production of glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) which keeps the skin hydrated.
- Vitamin C: It helps minimize the production of melanin which is responsible for dark skin
With Dermaline, users do not have to be worried about any ingredients that could be harmful to the skin. It is one of the few products that do not incorporate the use of hydroquinone. Hydroquinone is a skin lightening agent that has proven to be quite effective but at the same time can be detrimental to the skin when used in large doses.
Studies have shown that hydroquinone can cause cancer as a long term effect. Dermaline doesn’t contain mercury which is highly toxic to the body. Users of Dermaline don’t have to worry about it being less effective when considering the risks taken to achieve lighter skin.
How to use the cream
It is important to know that different people will react differently to the various cosmetic products that are in the market. Dermaline skin lightening cream may not suit everyone as it may not be the best option for each individual.
Before using this product, it is important to read reviews and product information to ensure that it is the right product for you. Like any other cosmetic product, you may expect significant results but only after you have thoroughly educated yourself on possible expectations and associated risks.
Dermaline is a product that should be mainly used at night before sleeping. You should therefore:
- Thoroughly wash and cleanse your face.
- Apply a “pea-sized” quantity of the cream 2 to 3 times during the first week. The amount can be increased once you have tested it out and only if you think you can manage to live with your skin peeling.
- For uneven tones and darker skin like elbows, knees, groin, underarms, age spots, freckles or dark acne spots, you should apply it directly for a period of about 8 weeks so as to achieve the best results.
- If you feel as though you have achieved the desired skin tone, you may choose to reduce the amount you apply.
- It may also be advisable to use a sunscreen as a second coating to prevent any splotches appearing on the skin where the cream has been applied.
- Make sure to store the cream in a cool dry place away from exposure to direct sunlight, humidity and extreme temperature.
Please note that results are totally dependent on skin type and skin tone. If you live in an area of low humidity or you have dry skin, you may be required to apply an extra layer of moisturizer after using the cream. This will help your skin to absorb the ingredients better. For best results, it is recommended that you combine the cream with a moisturizer or sunscreen that has a high Sun Protection Factor (SPF) rating of + 30 or higher.
Possible side effects
- Like all skin lightening products you will experience flaking and skin peeling during the usage period of Dermaline.
- You may experience slight stinging, tingling or burning sensation on the skin due to the acids present in the product.
- Due to the presence of retinol, your skin may become dry, red and very sensitive to the sun. Use an SPF sunscreen. If your skin feels dry, you may apply an extra layer of moisturizer. The dryness will subside once your skin gets accustomed to the product.
- If you experience any serious discomfort from the above symptoms or others not mentioned, you should immediately stop using the product and consult your doctor or dermatologist.
- Due to the absence of hydroquinone and mercury, the product is relatively safe for those who want to get white skin fast.
- It can be used up to 3 years after date of manufacture.
- It can be used with a moisturizer and sunscreen
- It is an excellent choice for those who wish to use potent skin lightening products with little risks.
- It is specifically formulated for people with a natural tan
- In order to achieve full results on the face, one has to use additional moisturizers
- It is designed for only hot and humid climates