The AHA Exfoliating serum is a skin care product developed by Civant. It is the most effective and safe skin exfoliation product based on reviews by users on several cosmetic products websites. The Serum is manufactured and sold exclusively by Civant through their website.
The product is useful for removing damaged skin cells and promoting the production of new ones, making your skin a lot healthier.
Components of the Serum
The main ingredient in the Civant AHA Exfoliating serum is AHA, a chemical compound known as Alpha Hydroxy Acid. The term AHA actually refers to a group of natural acids that can be found in a variety of foods. Some of these acids include citric acid, found in citrus fruits, lactic acid, common in sour milk, tartaric acid, found in grapes, glycolic acid, common in sugarcane, malic acid, found in apples, and plenty more which occur naturally.
AHA is commonly used by dermatologists during chemical peels because of its effectiveness in treating various skin problems. Since it can be applied topically, it is prevalent in numerous cleansers, moisturizers, eye creams, foundations and sunscreen.
What the AHA Exfoliating serum does
- One of the effects of declining collagen and elastin production is the formation of wrinkles. The skin becomes more difficult to stretch, therefore hardening and forming wrinkles in order to accommodate facial movements. With the use of Civant AHA Exfoliating serum, production of skin cells will peak, creating new cells that are soft and smooth. Within a few weeks, you will notice the wrinkles evening out, making your skin smoother.
- As a result of the irregular production of new skin cells, some people’s skin tends to be uneven, with some parts being harder than others. This serum promotes production of skin cells evenly thereby making your entire skin evenly colored.
- It is also useful for removing scars either due to acne or exposure to sunlight. These scars are often a result of damaged skin cells that haven’t been removed from the epidermis. The dead cells block the production of new cells. AHA penetrates these cells to promote their removal and allowing new cells to be formed.
- By promoting the production of elastin and collagen, this serum ensures your skin remains smooth and supple no matter how old you are. These chemicals decline naturally with age, but by keeping their levels at an optimum, you can be assured of good looking skin even with old age.
- The AHA exfoliating serum can also be used to cure various skin diseases such as fibromyalgia which causes the skin to be tender and painful. Melasma can also be treated through the use of this serum.
How AHA Works
Before you can understand how AHA works, you first have to know the structure of your skin. There are two main components of your skin, the upper layer known as the avascular epidermis, and the underlying layer also known as the vascular dermis.
The top layer is often visible and responsible for protecting your body from external factors such as UV light. As such, the top layer bears the brunt of any exposure with the outside world, and therefore it sometimes begins to show signs of aging. Usually, these dead skin cells are supposed to be shed off naturally, but production of new skin cells declines with age, and the old, dead skin cells cling onto the epidermis.
The vascular dermis, the layer underneath, is responsible for supplying the epidermis with nutrients so that the skin may appear beautiful and soft. Without proper care, the connection between the two layers becomes destroyed, leaving your epidermis without nourishment, leading to the hardening of the skin.
Chemicals in AHA penetrate the skin cells through the epidermis to get to the dermis, thereby restoring the connection between the two layers of the skin. It basically removes the “glue” that causes dead skin cells to cling onto the epidermis, revealing the new skin cells below and promoting growth of more skin cells.
Besides, by just removing the dead skin cells, AHA is responsible for stimulation of collagen and elastin production in the skin. These two chemicals produced by the body are responsible for production of new skin cells and are very vital in preventing wrinkles and aging.
- The Civant AHA Exfoliating serum is a completely natural Product. Therefore, it does not cause any negative side effects. In fact, through skin biopsies, it has been proven that the skin does not react negatively to AHA, hence there is no chance of inflammation or other adverse effects.
- Civant AHA Exfoliating serum is applied topically, which is far easier and simpler than other dangerous procedures such as Botox. Because it is so simple, anyone can use the serum at their own luxury and enjoy the benefits of AHA.
- This serum has been tried, tested and proven to work. Civant has taken great measures to ensure the serum’s safety through rigorous testing in labs to check for any effects. Customers have also expressed positive reviews to the serum and none have complained about any negative side effects.
- The product is very affordable. One fluid ounce of Civant AHA Exfoliating serum is sufficient to last you for weeks while delivering astounding results.
- Use of AHA among some people has shown an increased sensitivity to light because of the shed layer of skin. To avoid damaging your skin further, it is recommended to apply sunscreen whenever you use the Civant AHA Exfoliating serum.
- Care must be taken when using products containing AHA in terms of the concentration. A very high concentration of AHA may become abrasive and end up damaging your skin, so a maximum of 10% is allowed for consumers on their own. Any higher concentrations require assistance from a trained dermatologist.
- You should never use two products that contain AHA. For example, if you apply Civant AHA Exfoliation serum, any other product you use must not contain AHA as well.
It’s very hard to find good skin care solutions from the myriad of substandard products in the market today. However, the Civant AHA Exfoliating serum is a natural and high quality product that should come highly recommended. As with any other skin care product, you should not expect overnight results. Give the product and your body time to heal itself before you can start enjoying the benefits. All in all, this is yet another quality product from Civant.